Ronda M. Litwin
Ronda is a founding and managing member of Litwin Law Group, PLLC and is licensed to practice law in the states of Texas and Florida. Before starting her own practice, she drafted appellate briefs and complex civil trial motions at Cooper & Scully, P.C. Before joining Cooper & Scully, P.C., Ronda clerked at the Florida First District Court of Appeal.
Ronda graduated with honors from Florida State University, College of Law. While in law school, she was the technical editor of Florida State University’s Business Law Review. Ronda was raised in Los Angeles and received her undergraduate degree in Government from Claremont McKenna College. During her undergraduate education, she ran the 400 meters and 4 x 400 meter relay becoming named a two-time NCAA Division III All American. She continues to incorporate athletics in her life as a yoga instructor.
- Drafted amicas briefs to the Texas Supreme Court on behalf of Texas health care organizations
- Turner v. Franklin, 325 S.W.3d 771 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2010, pet. denied) – Represented doctor in case of first impression which analyzed legislative history and case authority to define “willful and wanton negligence” to mean gross negligence for purposes of section 74.153. The trial court’s no-evidence summary judgment in favor of doctor was affirmed.
- Palosi v. Kretsinger, 2009 WL 331894 (Tex. App.—San Antonio Feb. 11, 2009, no pet.) (mem. op.) – Represented doctor in case analyzing whether the expert report requirement of 74.351 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code violated the open courts provision of the Texas Constitution. The medical malpractice action against the doctor was dismissed.
- Represented numerous start-up businesses, non-profits and film production companies regarding business and governance matters.
- Drafted license agreement authorizing use of soft intellectual property for reality television show.
- Drafted revenue split agreement for a feature length documentary film with several regional film festival awards.
- Drafted musician, host and sponsorship agreement for internet radio network.
- Serves as a court appointed attorney ad litem in determination of heirship proceedings and guardianship proceedings
- Represents clients in a variety of estate planning matters including revocable trusts, wills, powers of attorney and amendment to trusts for individuals and spouses with net worth of over a million dollars;
- A., Claremont McKenna College (2004)
- Marjor: Government
- JD, Honors, Florida State University College of Law, (2007)
- Technical Editor, Florida State University Business Law Review 2004-2007
- Admitted, State of Texas (2008)
- Admitted, State of Florida (2007)
- Estate Planning, Probate, Tax and Real Estate Committee Member, J.L. Turner Legal Association, 2016-Present
- Wellness Committee Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, 2015-Present
- Secretary, Pebblecreek Montessori Parent Organization, 2013
- Secretary, Sacred Living, 2015-Present
- Core Counsel and Public Relations, Center for Spiritual Living Dallas, March 2010-2012
- Sports and Entertainment Law Section Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Co-Presenter: May It Please the Court: How the Appellate Courts and Judges Operate and Statistics Relevant to Evaluating Your Insured Potential Appeal
- Co-Presenter: From Passion to Profit, Legal Aspects to Starting a Business, Center for Spiritual Living, Dallas, Authors: Ronda M. Litwin and Adam Litwin, 2014
- Co-Presenter: Reel To Revenue: Legal Issues in Film, KD Conservatory, Authors: Ronda M. Litwin and Adam Litwin, 2015
Cooper & Scully Appellate Seminar, September 2008
Presenter: A Legacy of Love: Estate Planning and Planned Giving, The Legacy at Willow Bend, Center for Spiritual Living, Dallas, Plano Senior Center, Ronda M. Litwin, 2013-2014
Leave a Reply